The OMM Sonic Smock is windproof, showerproof and packs into its own tiny pocket that is built into the collar. It’s made from feather-light Pertex Quantum material and weighs in at a ridiculous 60g. It’s a product that I’ve used countless times since I purchased it last year so I though it deserved a review.
What’s Good About It
- Ridiculously light
- Keeps the worst of the weather off whilst feeling extremely breathable and comfortable.
- Packs down to the size of an iPhone.
- Fantastic to carry in a pocket when you aren’t quite sure what the weather is going to do or for when a rain jacket is overkill.
- Brilliant simple design with no unnecessary features
- Draw-cord at the waist for use when it’s cold / windy
- Great value, available for less than £60
- Suitable for running and cycling
What’s Not So Good
- If you wear it over bare skin and get sweaty it can stick to you and then it’s really hard to get it off
- Sleeves possibly cut a bit on the short side for cycling and the stitching has come undone around the wrist and thumb-loops on mine (see below)
When you have a product that is as simple and perfectly executed as this, you wonder why you would ever need the other features that are typically found on winproof jackets. Yes, there is no hood or pockets but that’s not the point. It is a super-light product that will protect you against the worst of the weather when you need it to. The rest of the time you can stow it in a pocket and you won’t know it’s there.
This product purchased by the author
Where You Can Find One (Affiliates)
You can check pricing or purchase the OMM Sonic Smock by following these links to Amazon or Wiggle Online Cycle Shop
Got a question? Do you have any experience of using this product? Please leave your thoughts below